Poets, like all creatives, have to support each other. I run a small poetry contest each month, now followed by 25k+ poetry lovers on my Instagram poetry account. It's called Indie Poetry Please. #indiepoetryplease. Its aim is to introduce my poetry readers to some inspiring work by other indie poets.
Indie Poetry Please: Instagram Poetry Contest: How to Submit
If you're a poet and on Instagram, you can enter this contest. Entry is free and couldn’t be easier (prize details below). To submit:
- Follow @ornaross.poetry on Instagram
- Post your poem in the comments box of the latest contest callout on Instagram.
- One entry only per person.
- Tag other poets to invite them to join in.
If you'd like to see an example poem, patrons can be inspired by my exclusive Sunday Poetry series on my blog where, each week, I write a poem on the contest theme. (Patrons also get priority reading for this contest and a monthly reminder to submit).
Indie Poetry Please: Instagram Poetry Contest: The Selection Process
Various considerations go into the selection process, including getting a spread of genres, themed broadcasts, what has previously shortlisted, and many other factors.
- As always, my patrons have priority. Poetry patrons receive a callout each month by email to submit and patrons' work gets priority reading.
- Enter as many contests as you like but only one entry per contest.
- Posting a variety of poems increases your chances of success.
- Opt out any time.
Indie Poetry Please: Instagram Poetry Contest: The Prizes
The winning poem will be announced and featured on my Instagram account, my blog, and my monthly newsletter Pause for Poetry, subscriber and patrons editions. The winner also receives my most recent poetry ebook and my Alliance of Independent Authors in-depth guide for authors and poets, Creative Self-Publishing.
I very much look forward to reading and sharing your poems. Best of luck!