Are you a poet who would like to reach a wider audience for your work? Do you want to learn how to publish and sell your poetry books? I run two self-publishing poetry podcasts: Self-publishing Poetry Books, an advice clinic and Indie Poetry Please, a performance space for poets
Did you know that poetry sales are soaring, especially poetry published by independent (“indie”) poets who publish their own work. Robin Cutler, Director of the global publishing platform Ingram Spark, recently spoke about how the biggest sellers on that platform are the poets.
If you haven’t set yourself up to take advantage of this new interest in poetry yet, you are not alone. Few poets, as yet, know how to set themselves up well for these new opportunities.
My monthly self-publishing poetry podcasts (one here on this website, one through the Alliance of Independent Authors) are both warm and welcoming spaces for poets and for everyone who loves the spoken and written word.
Self-Publishing Poetry Books
Advice Clinic on how to create and sell great poetry books and earn income and influence through poetry.
- Monthly event
- Covers all the processes of publishing: editorial, design, production, distribution, marketing, promotion and even how to organize translations and overseas sales. All of these are very accessible to poets working in the digital space today.
Indie Poetry Please
Reading and performance podcast with guest poets.
- If you’re a poet, send a good quality audio recording of you reading your best three poems to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Indie Poetry Please Podcast Submission”.
- If you’re a poetry lover, pour yourself a drink and come along and listen. I can promise you some extraordinary talent and inspirational poets.
Self-publishing Poetry Podcasts
- The events are monthly and open to all. It’s all free of charge but you are invited to support my own poetry and this work for poets by becoming a poetry patron.
- Indie Poetry Please Podcast has room for 3 or 4 poets each month reading their own poetry. I’ll explain what I liked about the poem, what works for me, and will interview one of the poets about their influences and plans for publishing.
- For the live video of Self-Publishing Poetry Books Podcast, turn up at 8pm BST (London time) on the 2nd Tuesday of the month to the Alliance of Independent Authors Facebook Page and click on the link to join. Bring some poet-friends and have a watch party?
- Podcasts are widely distributed on iTunes, Stitcher, Player.FM, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Twitch and many other outlets. They also feature on my website and are linked to the extensive network of the Alliance of Independent Authors.
- Follow my Patreon Poetry Page for updates and to hear the latest show once posted (free to follow)