Look no further for a very special, personal and unique gift for a friend or relative who loves reading and writing. I am offering selected signed copies of A Dance in Time to Creative Intelligence Blog subscribers.
- Personally addressed author signature on the title page, incorporating information that you and I work together to shape (see below).
- Book wrapped in an individually handprinted sheet of wrapping paper designed by Irish artist Orlagh Murphy, printed on recycled paper.
- Book accompanied by a David Higham's “Christmas Books” greeting card – and again with a handwritten personal message. This can be in the card or if a longer message is required, in a separate letter — see below for further details. (The card is in aid of Books For All, a charity that provides books to those who don't have access to them and ten percent of the profits from this seasonal offer will also go to this charity – reg. charity no.1040487)
The Book. A Dance in Time:
- Is a 606-page novel, described by the Irish Independent as “a complex tale of betrayal, revenge, suspense, murder mystery — and surprise”.
- Intermingles past and present, fiction and reality
- Took five years to research and write.
- Brings to life a number of real-life, historical figures — including the poet WB Yeats; his muse, the radical Irish revolutionary Maud Gonne; her daughter Iseult Gonne and the writers Francis Stuart and Ezra Pound.
- is “a magnificent book spanning decades, countries, cultures and people… exquisitely written with the author showing a light touch where required.”[Amazon.co.uk]
- is a book for those who love reading and writing. Almost every chapter contains an overt or hidden tribute to another writer who has been influential in my own writing progress – writers as disparate as Wallace Stegner, Carol Shields, John McGahern, Janet Fitch and many, many others.
- is a good read, “crafted with the skill of a veteran and the suspense is built with perfection”. [RTE Guide]
This really is a personalised gift — not just a signature & seasonal good wishes. The more information you give me about your relative, the better the dedication and the letter will be. I am happy to write at whatever length is required and to express in any form you prefer – including verse – why you are giving this gift to this person or anything else you wish me/you to say. Options include thanks, motivation, inspiration, explanation… you decide.
As soon as you have made the purchase, I will work with you (by email) to get the tone and content of the message and the letter just as you would like it.
The Cost: £25, including packaging and shipping costs to any part of the world. The book can be dispatched to you right now, or directly to your friend closer to holiday time — whichever you wish.
This is also an exclusive gift as I'm only going to do 50 of them. As soon as the 50 that have been set aside for this offer are sold, the page will be taken down and this offer will never be repeated.
The Steps: Easy as 1-2-3.
1. Decide to whom you'd like to give this gift. (It might even be yourself or you may have more than one person who'd appreciate it?)
2. Pay £25 online here through PayPal. You can do this without having a PayPal account. Credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers and PayPal are all accepted. Click here to purchase:
3. Once you've made the purchase, email me with details and we'll get started on your personal message.