I had a fantastic time at Book Expo America. From ALLi’s perspective, we:
- launched the update of our Choosing A Self-Publishing Service;
- presented an award to Mark Coker of Smashwords for service to the author community;
- took part in a UPublishU panel on publishing pathways, with Hugh Howey, Mark Lefvebre of Kobo, and Steven Spatz of BookBay;
- met up with old and new members, colleagues and friends;
- launched or advanced a number of projects for our members.
As an author, it was my first time to experience what BEA has traditionally called “Consumer Day”, (now BookCon) when keen readers pay $30 each for the privilege of meeting authors.
Author as rock star — I liked it!
Some photos below and a full report over on The Self-Publishing Advice Blog.