Are you a reliable, skilled, tech savvy, social media loving, numerate, enthusiastic administrator/assistant who believes in the importance of creativity? Who wants to make a positive difference and is willing to go the extra mile when necessary to do so?
As dear old Doc Wayne Dyer has said, it's never too crowded along that extra mile, but I thought that here, among you lovely loyal supporters, is the place to begin my search for that perfect someone.
If this is not the job for you, perhaps you might know someone you can refer?
The Creative Foundation is a new organisation with a big vision, noble mission and conscious values. You will work directly with me and with other members of an exciting, highly talented team. This is a rewarding long-term opportunity for the right person, working as an independent contractor.
The aim: to bring creative intelligence to the widest possible audience. The essential skills:
- virtual assistant (VA),
- project management
- writing & editing
- marketing & PR assistance
- web technical & social media marketing skills.
As this is a virtual position, you can be located almost anywhere but I will admit to a bias in favour of somebody who's working out of London. What's absolutely essential and will override any bias, though, is proven previous experience (with references) and demonstrable interest in, and suitability for, the work.
- Outstanding spoken and written English and the ability to write and edit to a high standard.
- Degree educated, ideally in media or publishing.
- Organized, enthusiastic, self-motivated professional, able to work on initiative.
- Results-oriented and able to stay on task and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Experienced working on Apple Mac Office programmes. Experience with WordPress an advantage.
- Marketing and customer service skills and experience, including telephone etiquette; editing, formatting and design of collateral materials.
- Fully equipped home office.
- If you're not in the UK or Ireland, your schedule must allow live telephone conversations with our team and members during office hours, GMT.
If you are interested, please email a CV/resume to info[at]ornaross.com with Subject Line: “Virtual Assistant Position.” Include a cover email explaining 1) why you are the right person for the job 2) why this sounds like the right opportunity for you and 3) a little about your creative interests/biography.
DEADLINE: Email your resume by August 1st. Telephone interviews will begin shortly thereafter.
Thanks in advance for your help.
COMMENT on this blog or give feedback at The Guestbook.
WANT MORE LIKE THIS? Have it delivered to your EMAIL INBOX. Or SUBSCRIBE in a READER. All subscribers receive a free e-book: ‘Inspiration Meditation: A Guide for Writers Artists & Everyone'.