This week’s highlights: In our monthly #AskALLi Self-Publishing Fiction and Non-Fiction, Dan Blank and I survey seven ways to be a productive writer; Howard Lovy interviews inspirational indie author Frankie Picasso on her immigrant success story and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from around the indie author houses.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- ALLi author member Maggie Lynch shares her top tips for boosting organic Facebook reach for authors.
- ALLi Communications Manager Boni Wagner-Stafford explains why it’s a good idea to do a thorough market scan before marketing your book.
- ALLi Author member Eileen Omosa, from Africa now living in Canada, explains how to organize a book signing day.
- In this month’s AskALLi Self-Publishing Fiction and Nonfiction Podcast, Dan Blank and I survey seven ways to be a productive writer so you can write and sell more books. Expect lots of research-based advice about how best to prepare body and mind, setting daily priorities, Block out time and shut out distractions. Plus: ways to map and log your progress and give yourself rewards.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Author Podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing indie author Frankie Picasso about her immigrant success story.
- ALLi author member and children’s book author Sue Wickstead explains why you should do an indie author blog tour.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at Barnes and Noble finding a buyer; awards that are open to indies; Blockchain back in the conversation; and the potential of Twitter book influencers.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors including a range of self-publishing guides which non-members can purchase here.