These business planning workshops for authors and poets are provided as part of a suite of benefits offered through my Patreon Planning Membership for authors and poets who want to make better books, reach more readers, and increase income, influence, and impact.
These are not large webinars to hundreds or thousands of attendees but small-group, guided workshops.
Places are limited so that you receive personal attention and feedback on your current project and your writing and publishing process.
Upcoming Workshop Themes
- 28th January 2021: Three Layers of Book Marketing: Platform, Positioning, and PromotionAll workshops are available as replays in Patreon. Scroll down for more details and register here.
About the Workshops
- live workshop this month
- all previous workshops in replay
- printable downloadable worksheets, resources and planners
- Facebook Accountability Group.
Business Planning Workshops: Registration
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Previous attendees who have allowed their membership to roll over get first place.
To attend again as an existing member, you never have to re-register. On the morning of the workshop, you’ll receive the downloads and links you need to attend later that day.
If you don’t wish to attend the month following, and don’t need to access the planners or resources, just cancel your membership after the workshop.
You can always rejoin again later, if you wish. The membership is set up to allow for free movement (places permitting), so you can opt in and out as you need.
Live workshop links & downloads are made available to Patreon members on the last Thursday of the month, 24 hours before the workshop commences, to allow for preparation and printing.
New MembersIf there are places left, it’s first come, first served. Click here to register for the next workshop (places permitting). This also gives access to replays and other planning resources.Payment is $25 + per month, plus any sales tax charged where you live (cancel any time). Patreon deducts fees on the first day of each month.
If you’re not successful in getting a place this time, let Kayleigh know at firstname.lastname@example.org. She’ll put you on our waiting list and you’ll be informed when more places become available in the coming months.
Once registered, you’ll be provided with full details of how to prepare and attend.
Business Planning Workshops: What to Expect Each Month
- Process: A clear process outlined for you that takes in all aspects of your author business: maker, manager and marketeer.
- Clarity: The precise nature of your current creative challenge(s), broken down into manageable sections
- Achievability: Your creative month mapped out with realistic, time-based intentions and tasks
- A workshop, not a webinar: This is not an information download. You will do the work there and then.
- Other resources: Downloadable PDFs of intention maps, accomplishment logs, and other Go Creative! worksheets, tools and planners. Replay videos so you can refer back any time. A Facebook accountability group for intention mapping and accomplishment logging.
In the workshops, we explore your personal and business experiences, and your interpretations of that experience. Authors can sometimes resist this kind of exploration, but this is not just navel-gazing. Knowing what you value, and your value to your readers, can shortcut many processes for you.
Why should a reader buy your books? Why should somebody share your social media posts? Why should anyone care? Presenting your books and other products in a way that makes readers care is very much easier when you understanding why you care yourself.
The answers to these questions can spell success or failure for your author business. What you’ll learn through the exploration offered in these workshops has practical application, right across the seven processes of publishing, feeding into your book cover, your marketing and promotion, how you distribute and produce, your word choices… everything.
- 16.45: Zoom room opens.
- 17.00: Workshop commences.
- 17.00: Recap, introductions, theme
- 17.15: Presentation
- 17.30: Exercises, Worksheets, Discussion – break into subgroups: writing, emerging publisher, experienced publisher
- 18.00: Planning next month’s production & profit
- 18.15 to end: Q&A.
The Q&A continues until all questions are answered. Nobody left behind is the policy!
(Please note: All times are UK London time, UTC. Replay videos are stored in Patreon so you can refer back any time.) Click here to register (places permitting)
Creative Business Planning For Authors & Poets: Testimonials
Joanna Penn, bestselling author, award-winning entrepreneur, and host of The Creative Penn podcast
Mark McGuinness, award-winning poet, creative coach, and host of The 21st Century Creative podcast
I put this premium membership together because I can no longer do one-to-one mentoring. To ensure personal attention the size of this group is limited and always will be.
Your particular issues will be addressed and resolved at a tiny fraction of the cost of a personal consultancy.