This week’s highlights: Dalma Szentpály and I launch the first #AskALLi Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast; Howard Lovy interviews inspirational indie author Alison Morton on giving advice to other writers on how to create whole new worlds and, as ever, Dan Holloway has all the latest self-publishing news from the Alliance of Independent Authors blog roundup 2019 Week 36.
Now, onto the roundup.
Self-Publishing Advice Roundup:
- Dalma Szentpály and I launch the very first #AskALLi Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast. For poets, this is a safe online space to read and perform, to get advice about online poetry publishing and creative enterprise, and to get more attention.
- ALLi Watchdog John Doppler explains how the indie author can determine if a service deserves a piece of their marketing budget in Social Media Marketing: Cutting through the Hype.
- Author member Sarah Weldon, has taken matters into her own hands and created a national Cozy Mystery day to celebrate the genre she’s so proud of.
- In The Benefits of Writing Conferences, Elizabeth Dulcie, author member, has just been to two in-person writing conferences and is here to tell us why you should be attending conferences too.
- This week’s Inspirational Indie Authors podcast sees Howard Lovy interviewing Alison Morton about how and why she chose to write an alternate history, feminism, and giving advice to other writers on how to create whole new worlds.
- In Self-Publishing Poetry Books find out why I believe that more poets need to make more digital books and chapbooks.
- And finally, in Dan Holloway’s regular indie author news round-up this week, he’s looking at; ALLi discount for DigitalBookWorld; Bibliotheca call foul on Amazon in libraries dispute; Audible captions delayed and new directions in fiction.
Lots to learn and ponder, as ever.
Each Wednesday I bring you this round up from the self-publishing advice blog, run by the Alliance of Independent Authors, the non-profit association for self-publishing authors. We offer many benefits to indie authors.